How to Use Cyclonis Password Manager Instead of Keychain on iPhone
If you're impressed with iOS or iPadOS but no so much with the features that iCloud Keychain has to offer on your iPhone and iPad don't worry, there is a reliable alternative – Cyclonis Password Manager. CPM comes with a lot of useful features, like a Password Generator, Password Analyzer, Auto-fill capabilities, 24/7 support, and much more.
On the one hand, Apple's built-in password management tool isn't at all bad, especially if you own more than one Apple device. On the other hand, many people use other devices that run different operating systems alongside their iPhones and iPads. People like that cannot rely on the Keychain to sync their data between all of their devices. Also, Keychain has a somewhat list of limited features, which is another reason to switch to Cyclonis Password Manager.
By using Cyclonis Password Manager you don't have to worry about compatibility issues as you switch between devices and OS like iOS, iPadOS, macOS, Android, Windows, etc. It works similarly to iCloud Keychain as soon as you set up all your accounts.
In older iOS versions iPhone and iPad owners had to use gimmicks and all kinds of unconventional workarounds to use third-party password managers because there was no system-wide support in iOS. However, as of iOS 12, Apple third-party apps are recognized as equivalent to the Keychain.
How to use Cyclonis Password Manager on iPhone & iPad
- First, you need to ensure that your iPhone or iPad is running iOS 12 or a newer version. You also have to have Cyclonis Password Manager installed.
- Now, open the "Settings" app from the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and tap on "Passwords & Accounts" within the Settings menu.
- Next, tap on "AutoFill Passwords". Cyclonis Password Manager will show up in this section along with any other third-party apps you may have installed. All you have to do is choose CPM and start using it.
- You will be prompted to log in to Cyclonis Password Manager to confirm the change.
- Once you've done that you can go to a website and tap on the log-in button you will see that you have the option to autofill your account information from CPM instead of Keychain now.
- Tap on the account name or e-mail, which is displayed on the keyboard and you will be prompted to authenticate with Face ID or Touch ID before it automatically fills your log-in details. This is to ensure maximum safety.