How to Delete Google Hangouts Account Without Hurting Your Gmail Information
Hangouts is an app that has been developed and distributed by Google. At first, it was introduced as an extra feature for Google+ but it was later changed into a standalone app. The main function of Google Hangouts is enterprise communication. Currently, Hangouts has two main variants, Google Hangouts Meet and Google Hangouts Chat. The app comes pre-installed on some operating systems, and while it can be useful not everyone wants Hangouts on their device.
In this article, we will talk about ways to fully disable the Hangouts app on your device. Because it is available and integrated into almost all the popular operating systems, I will list the various methods available for different operating systems. Make sure the method you're trying corresponds to your device's OS.
Table of Contents
How to remove Google Hangouts on PC and Mac
- Open a new tab in your browser.
- Sign in to your Gmail Account if you haven't already.
- Press the down arrow in front of your name. It's located on your left.
- Scroll down and select the "Sign out of Hangouts" option.
- Press the "Settings" cog on the right side to open the settings.
- Find the "Chat" tab and check the "Chat Off" option.
- Press "Save Changes".
This should remove Google Hangouts from your computer.
How to remove Google Hangouts from Chrome
- Open a new tab in Google Chrome.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner to open the settings.
- Press the "More Tools" option and choose the "Extensions" button.
- Toggle off the extension. This won't remove Hangouts From Chrome but it will disable it.
- If you want to remove Hangouts entirely click the "Remove" button instead.
How to remove Google Hangouts from Android
- Open the Settings menu.
- Find "Apps" and then tap on"Applications".
- Scroll down to find "Google Hangouts".
- Tap the "Force Stop" button and use the "Disable" option.
This will permanently remove the application from your Android device.
How to remove Google Hangouts from iOS
Unlike the other operating systems on our list iOS doesn't come with Google Hangouts pre-installed but it can be downloaded from the App Store. If you downloaded the app, but you decided to get rid of it follow these steps:
- Find the Google Hangouts app.
- Press and hold on the "Hangouts" application.
- Tap the "X" button on the screen to remove it from the phone and confirm when prompted.
There. The Google Hangouts application has now permanently been removed from your device.