How to Reset Forgotten Sbi Net Banking Password
SBI net banking can give you just about every banking service you need it the comfort of your own house. It doesn't matter if it's a fund transfer, online shopping, utility bills or mobile charge, SBI net banking has it all. You don't need to visit the bank to attain these services. Every single transaction of yours will be secured by passwords. However, you may have to reset your login and transaction passwords under certain conditions. We'll discuss these in this article.
Why should you reset your SBI Net Banking Password?
With the ever-increasing threat of cyber-attacks, SBI net banking system recommends that you alter the password on a regular basis for maximum security. Changing your password regularly decreases the chance of becoming the victim of a hack.
Another reason to reset is if you lose your password and/or you enter the wrong password repeatedly. Then the access to your account will be blocked, and you will have to reset your password.
If you think someone might know your SBI net banking password, or you feel it's too easy to guess, then you should change your password immediately.
Another good reason to change your password is if you have accessed your SBI net banking service through public Wi-Fi. Hackers sometimes steal data from these networks, so it's wise to change your password.
How to reset SBI Net Banking Password using your Profile Password
- Open your personal SBI net banking portal.
- In the Login page, press on "Forgot Login Password".
- A new drop-down menu will be displayed.
- Choose "Forgot My Login Password" and click "Next".
- You will have to fill in details like your username, bank account number, birthday, mobile phone number, and your country. Be sure to enter every detail accurately, or this won't work.
- After you're done with filling in your info, you will get a One Time Password (OTP) on your phone.
- Enter the OTP in the specified location.
- You'll get a new drop-down menu with options to modify your login password. Choose the option labeled "Change login password using profile password".
- Enter your profile password.
- You can then enter a new password and re-enter it to confirm.
Your new login password has been successfully reset, you can now log in to SBI net banking service with your new login password.