How to Link Your Steam and Origin Accounts
In the second half of 2020, Electronic Arts changed its stance on selling its products and services on the Steam platform. After an initial deployment of a small portion of EA titles on Steam, the company started offering its subscription service called EA Play and its most current offerings as well.
This article will show you how to link your Steam and EA Origin accounts quickly and easily, so you can enjoy any EA games bought through Steam and launched using Steam's client.
To link your Steam and Origin accounts, follow these steps:
- Launch Steam and sign into the Steam client
- Launch an EA game that you have bought on Steam.
- Install the Origin client by following the prompts that appear on your screen, if you don't already have it installed.
- Once Origin launches, it will ask you to link your Steam account to your Origin account.
- Sign into the Origin client using your EA account information.
- Once you complete the sign in into the Origin client, Steam should proceed with installing your game and it should appear in your Steam client.
Bear in mind that you will not be able to transfer existing games from your EA / Origin account into your Steam library. The account linking mechanism provided by Valve Software and Electronic Arts only affects purchases of EA titles made after they were listed on Steam.
The EA Play program is a bit of an exception. It offers all the benefits of having an active EA Play subscription that offers access to a huge range of EA titles as long as the subscription is active. Now, Steam users can also make use of this subscription and access the EA Play subscriber portfolio of titles and play those games through the Steam client.
Valve Software and Electronic Arts have put together an extensive list of all the features and perks that EA Play subscribers can enjoy.