How to Erase a Google Account From Google Chrome
With over 68% of computers running Google Chrome as their main browser Chrome is the undisputed leader among web browsers. Given those stats, there's a good chance you too are using Google Chrome on at least one of your devices.
Google Chrome controls 53% of the market in North America, 81% in South America, 60.75% in Europe, 62% in Africa, and 68% in Asia, according to stats. But Google was a big name long before it even launched Chrome. Chrome improved the already popular Google search engine and made it far more prominent in the web market. Even though Google has launched many new products after that, and some of them went on to do big business themselves, none of them have ever matched the popularity of Chrome.
According to statistics, over 2 billion people use Google Chrome. Out of those 2 billion 1 billion are active users. With so many users, it's only natural that Chrome is an attractive target for hackers and bad actors. According to the Google Blog, Chrome protects its users from more than 250 million malicious websites every single month.
As you may know, Google Chrome allows you to be logged in to multiple user accounts at the same time, each account has its own set of custom settings and preferences set by you. Chrome lets you switch one account for another whenever you wish. The browser also allows you to disconnect your accounts, essentially erasing all of that account's personal information from Chrome.
If you're interested in learning how to discount your Chrome accounts, keep reading. This tutorial will walk you through the steps required to do so.
How to remove a Google account from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and sign in if you haven't already.
- Click on the icon that has your username and picture in the upper-right corner.
- Press on the icon that will show Manage People.
- Hover over the account that you wish to remove. You'll see three dots in the top-right corner of the mini-profile. Click on the three dots.
- Select the option labeled Remove This Person.
- Click on Remove This Person to confirm the deletion.