Jyos Ransomware Doubles Ransom Demands in Three Days
While analyzing malware samples found online, we came across a new form of ransomware known as Jyos. After conducting further research, we discovered that Jyos belongs to the Djvu ransomware family and is primarily designed to encrypt files.
In addition to encrypting the files, Jyos modifies their names by appending the ".jyos" extension to them. For example, "1.jpg" would be renamed to "1.jpg.jyos", and "2.png" would become "2.png.jyos". Furthermore, a ransom note in the form of a file named "_readme.txt" is left behind by the ransomware.
It's important to note that Jyos can be spread alongside information stealers such as Vidar or RedLine. The ransom note instructs victims to contact the attackers through either the email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org email addresses and to pay $980 or $490 for the decryption software and key.
If the victims contact the attackers within 72 hours, they can purchase the decryption tools at a reduced price of $490. It's crucial for users to stay vigilant and to keep their systems updated to minimize the risk of infection from ransomware like Jyos.
Table of Contents
Jyos Ransom Note Offers Decryption of Single File
The complete Jyos ransom note reads as follows:
Don't worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that's price for you is $490.
Please note that you'll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail "Spam" or "Junk" folder if you don't get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
How Can Ransomware Like Jyos Find Its Way on Your System?
Ransomware like Jyos can find its way onto a system through various means. Some common methods used by attackers to distribute ransomware include:
- Email attachments: Attackers often send malicious attachments via email that, when opened, can infect a system with ransomware like Jyos.
- Malicious websites: Visiting websites that are infected with malware can result in the installation of ransomware on a system.
- Software vulnerabilities: Ransomware can exploit vulnerabilities in software and operating systems to gain access to a system and infect it with malware.
- Malvertising: Attackers can use malicious advertisements to spread ransomware by tricking users into clicking on a link or downloading a file.
To prevent ransomware like Jyos from infecting your system, it's important to take the following precautions:
- Keep your software and operating system up to date with the latest security patches.
- Use strong and unique passwords to prevent unauthorized access to your system.
- Be cautious of suspicious emails and attachments and avoid clicking on links from unknown sources.
- Use anti-virus software to detect and remove ransomware infections.
By following these best practices, users can reduce the risk of falling victim to ransomware like Jyos and other malware threats.