How to Share Files Between Windows 10 and Your Android Device
There are a couple of main methods you can use and steps you can take to share any sort of file, whether it's media, documents or other data, between your Android device and a Windows 10 device. This article will give you the shortest path you can take to share files both ways between your different devices.
If you are sharing files from your Android device, you can use Google Drive and store the files there, so you can later access them from your Windows computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Drive app.
- Tap the "Add" button.
- Select "Upload" and find the files you want to upload.
- Files will be uploaded and can be viewed in "My Drive".
If you are sharing files from your Windows 10 PC, you can simply upload them to Google Drive and access them through the Android Google Drive app as well.
You can also use a standard USB cable to transfer files between both devices. To do this, follow these steps:
- Unlock your Android device.
- Connect your mobile device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Tap the "Charging this device via USB" notification on your phone.
- Select 'File Transfer' under the "Use USB for" menu item.
- A file transfer window will appear on your computer, allowing you to move files.
- Once finished, eject your phone from Windows.
- Finally, unplug your USB cable.
Using either of those methods, you should be able to share any file between any of your Android and Windows 10 devices with ease.