How to Set Facebook Posts to Be Visible to Friends Only
It's no secret that your Facebook profile and post history is probably the biggest and most easily available information dump relating to any person. Obviously, there are a lot of reasons why you might want to limit the pool of people who can access this information. This article will show you how to set up your Facebook account so your posts are visible only to people who you have added as friends.
The process of setting up your profile to only show your posts to your friends and nobody else is quite simple. Follow these simple steps to do it:
- Open Facebook in a browser of your choice.
- Click the menu button with the little triangular arrow pointing downwards, that is located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click "Settings and privacy" from the menu that opens, then click "Settings".
- In the new interface that comes up, click "Privacy" in the menu on the left.
- Find the "Your activity" tab in the right view and click "Edit" on the first row, labelled "Who can see your future posts?".
- Click the dropdown box and select "Friends", then click "Close".
This is all you need to do to limit your posts visibility to friends only. You should bear in mind that this setting affects only posts made from the moment you changed the privacy setting onwards. Existing posts made under different settings will still be visible to accounts that are not you friends.
If you're overly worried about those older posts, you could go over them and delete them manually.
If you need further granularity over who can see your posts, the dropdown box where you select visibility has an extra option called "Friends except…", which gives you your list of friends and allows you to filter out specific friends who will not see your future posts.