How to Change Privacy Settings on Instagram for Maximum Privacy
Decided that you want to make your Instagram account private? That's smart, especially in this day and age. Not everyone should be allowed to see your content, after all. There's really no reason not to considering how simple and easy it is to set your Instagram profile to "private". Here's how you can do that on your iPhone:
- Press on the profile icon in the lower right-hand corner of your phone screen then hit the menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Select the Settings gear icon in the lower-right corner of the slide panel to open your settings, then press on "Privacy and Security".
- Select "Account Privacy" and tap the button on the next tab, so that it slides over to the color blue.
Note: If you do not want to make your entire profile private, but just a couple of pictures, you can easily do that too. That option is located in the photo menu.
With that done you have successfully set your Instagram account to private. As long account remains private only the users who already follow you will be able to see your content. Any new followers will have to request your permission first.
What if I use an Android device?
It's almost identical to the iPhone. Just follow these steps:
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Select "Profile" in the upper right corner.
- Tap the Settings icon (presented as three vertical dots).
- Enable the "Private Account" option.
Now only the users who already follow you will be able to see your Instagram content. Any new followers will have to request your permission first.