How Do I Change my Netflix Password?
Netflix is a fantastic platform for watching all your favorite shows with other people, and one of its most useful features is that it a single account subscription can make the service available to the subscriber, as well as a few close friends or relatives. This is very useful indeed, but it does create more opportunity for security lapses – not necessarily through a fault on Netflix's part, but simply because users may want to share good things around, even when that's ill-advised.
Th is just one reason why the owner of a Netflix account may want to change their password. Another possible one is that the password may not be up to snuff. Maybe you just wanted to watch a movie, so you typed the easiest password possible when asked to do so in the registration form so that you can get on with it with minimum hassle – and now you're afraid that it may be too weak. It may even be that you suspect that your Netflix account has been compromised – maybe strange shows that you have never seen started turning up in your recently watched folder.
In any case, it's about time for you to update your Netflix password. Follow this handy guide to do that with minimum effort and hassle.
How to Change Your Netflix Password From Your Desktop Browser
- Login to Netflix and make sure that the primary account holder's name is visible in the upper-right corner of the screen. If, by any chance, you have lost your original password, visit the Password Reset page and type in the email address for your account. Follow the directions in your email.
- Select your name in the upper-right corner, then select “Your Account“.
- Choose the “Change password” link.
- Put in your “Current Password“, then “New Password“ and finally - “Confirm New Password“.
- A neat trick to make sure that all devices that use your account need to know the password right away, is to check the “Require all devices to sign in again with new password.“ That way, only people that know the new password will be able to access the service - effective immediately.
- Select “Save“.
How to Change Your Netflix Password From Your iOS & Android App
- Login to your Netflix app. If you have lost your password, select the “Forgot Your Password?” option.
- Click the “Menu” Menu Button at the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down a bit until you reach “Account“ and click on it. This will open a browser page.
- Choose “Change password“.
- Put in your “Current Password“, then your “New Password“ and finally “Confirm New Password“.
- If you want this password to be required from all users, effective immediately, also check the “Require all devices to sign in again with new password.“
- Click “Save“.