Is It Possible to Perform a Factory Reset on an iPad Without My iCloud Password?
If you have found yourself in a situation where you must reset your iPad, have no fear, you have a ton of options in front of you. However, if you lost your iCloud password, things could be a bit more complicated. Whatever the reason, we can help you out. This article has several options to factory reset the iPad without iCloud password listed for your convenience.
The first and perhaps most common method to factory reset an iPad without your iCloud password is using the Settings panel. It can be accessed directly from your iPad. I recommend you back up your data before performing the factory reset, however. Here's how:
- On your iPad, select Settings and open the General tab and tap Reset.
- Next, you need to press on "Erase All Content and Settings" to reset it to factory settings.
- Select the "Backup Then Erase" or "Erase Now" options, depending on the status of your backup.
- Then tap on "Erase [Device]" and then confirm by tapping "Erase".
One the process is complete, all of your data will be gone and you'll be able to use your device.
How to factory reset your iPad with iTunes
While the above method might require your iCloud password, this method can be performed without one. Read on to find out how.
- Open iTunes and use a USB cable to connect your iPad and your computer. Enter the iPad passcode if prompted.
- Next, tap on your iPad icon in iTunes and then select the Summary tab. Click on the "Restore iPad…" button.
- A prompt will appear asking if you wish to back up your data. Do so if you haven't already backed up your iPad.
Use Recovery Mode to perform a factory reset
If you haven't synced your iPad with iTunes, you can use Recovery Mode for factory resetting iPad without iCloud password instead. Here's how to do so:
- Launch iTunes and connect your iPad to a computer.
- Press the "Sleep/Wake" and "Home" buttons at once until the 'Connect to iTunes' option appears on the screen.
- Press OK when a message saying "'iTunes has detected iPad in recovery mode" appears on the screen.
- Then press "Restore".
How to perform a factory reset when your iPad is locked or disabled
You can reset a locked iPad with third-party software like Tenorshare 4uKey. It happens to be one of the most effective solutions on this list, which can easily factory reset your iPad along with any other iOS device.
You can easily unlock and factory reset your iPad thanks to Tenorshare 4uKey's software, which can bypass any kind of passcode or password on your iPad. The usual locks like Face ID, Touch ID, or the 4 to 6 digit passcode from Apple can easily be circumvented, so you can reset your iPad.The app runs on both Windows and Mac OS. Here's how to perform a factory reset with Tenorshare 4uKey:
- Install the app on your computer and then run it. Connect your iPad using a lightning connector and press the Start button.
- Select the Download button afterward while the latest iOS gets downloaded on the iPad.
- You must press the "Start Unlock" button and remove the passcode. It will take a few minutes.
Once your iPad has been factory reset, you can use your backup to restore your data.